How do I set up IMAP for Gmail on my iPhone?
Gmail is one of the best and the most popular webmail services that one can use to manage your emails and your day-to-day meetings and schedules with relative ease. You can even use the settings of IMAP for Gmail to set it up on your iPhone.
Read the blog to know how you can set it up on an iPhone.
Steps to set up Gmail on iPhone
- Open your web browser and enter this link, http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77695 to know how to enable IMAP on your Gmail, to begin with.
- From there, click on the settings and select the mail option to choose the "add account" option to proceed further.
- Next, click on other as if you type Gmail, you will set up POP instead of IMAP.
- Once you have done this, make sure of the following;
- The hostname is imap.gmail.com
- The tab of IMAP is highlighted
- The username that you add is your Gmail email address that includes @gmail.com
- The hostname for the outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com
- Save all of the changes once you are done.